BestMARC™ is Mitinet's online MARC records database and cataloger, providing easy, unlimited access to the best MARCs for any material type. Instead of downloading and installing software on your computer, just sign in and find the records you need or create them with our powerful cataloger.
Curious? New customers can sign up for a free trial account to explore the BestMARC™ database and try out our state-of-the-art cataloger to create original MARC records.
Already a customer? Most current Mitinet Library Services customers already have access to BestMARC™, with access to all the BestMARC™ features listed below. If you're not sure about your eligibility to use BestMARC, talk to your sales representative today.
What makes BestMARC™ great?
The best records source...
- The most complete collection of print, AV, professional and e-materials records in the business, constantly updated and maintained.
- Download records in either RDA or AACR2 formats.
- Can't find a record? We'll help you find it with 1 mouse click. Our Smart Filter search with zmod technology, finds the top quality records based on your search criteria. With every search BestMARC gets better as we add verified rare records to our database.
- "Match" and "Quality" scores each record, so you know how close your search results meet your criteria. The more criteria - the better the match.
- Search by reading program and/or Lexile™ levels, making it easy to find the appropriate MARC.
The easiest, most advanced cataloger...
- NEW! Add holdings information to your records as you catalog.
- Over 30 templates for material types, including AV, Playaway and more. Customize the default fields and subfields that show up every time you open each of these templates.
- Mitinet's exclusive customized library profile lets you set defaults to work with your library's automation system and determine how much or how little manual cataloging you want to do. Once you complete the profile, your settings are automatically added to every new MARC you catalog.
- Create MARC records in RDA or AACR2 formats.
- Built-in Tips and Examples specific to the field you're working on, as you catalog.
- Built-in links to RDA Toolkit* and Library of Congress make verifying RDA or other fields easy. *For RDA Toolkit subscribers.
- Subject Explorer lets you search for additional Sears, LOC, LCAC, or GSAFD subject headings by Dewey number, LC classification number or subject term and add them to your record.
- As a current subscriber, it's easy to edit or enhance records, and then download and import them into your library's database.
- Current subscribers automatically have access to new features, with no messy software updates or delays. Many of our features exclusive in the industry.
Take a look at some of BestMARC's features here.
Create an Account
New customers may create a free account and start exploring BestMARC in minutes! Just fill our our short form and you'll soon be using the best online cataloger around to create original MARC records.
Current Customers Login
If you already have a login and password, current customers go to the BestMARC login page here to get started.
Remember, many current subscribers already have access to BestMARC. Talk to your sales representative to find out if your library is eligible.
BestMARC Support Center
Visit BestMARC's online Support Center for online tutorial slideshows and corresponding downloadable PDFs as well as technical support information.
We offer free, customized webinars, to show you what our products do and how to use them. Use our webinars to help with the purchase justification process, or to make training and updating staff on your new cataloging software or services simple.