With BestMARC you get easy access to Mitinet's new online MARC records database, providing unlimited access to the best MARC for any material type. Instead of downloading and installing software on your computer, just sign in and find the records you need. If you don't already have a subscription to BestMARC we encourage you to sign up for a free trial account, where you can explore BestMARC records and use our state of the art cataloging function.
With a fully activated BestMARC account available to current customers, you can also edit existing records, save your edits and download the records to your library database. If you're not sure about your eligibility to use BestMARC, talk to your sales representative today.
What makes BestMARC great?
The best records...
- The most complete collection of print, AV, professional and e-materials records in the business, constantly updated and maintained.
- Automatically include the latest reading program and Lexile levels, making it easy to find materials appropriate for any student.
- Content-rich, with enhanced subject fields, enhanced relator terms and genre listings, and our Kid-Friendly™ subject headings, unique to Mitinet, incorporating the terms kids really use when they're searching for a book.
The best results...
- Can't find a record? We'll help you find it with 1 mouse click. Our Smart Filter search with zmod technology, finds the top quality records based on your search criteria. With every search BestMARC gets better as we add verified rare records to our database.
- "Match" and "Quality" scores each record, so you know how close your search results meet your criteria. The more criteria - the better the match.
- Subject Explorer let's you search for additional Sears, LOC or LCAC subject headings by Dewey number, LC classification number or subject term and add them to your record. Nobody else in the industry offers this feature.
- Built-in link to RDA Toolkit, makes verifying RDA fields easy for RDA Toolkit subscribers.
- As a current subscriber, it's easy to edit or enhance records, and then download and import them into your library's database.
- Current subscribers automatically have access to new features, with no messy software updates or delays.
Take a look at some of BestMARC's features here.
Visit BestMARC today to see why so many libraries have signed up.
To view the most complete online MARC records database in the industry, all you have to do is create an account. Your free account gives you the ability to view records and use our cataloging features. If you're looking for a cataloger that's easy to use, has access to content-rich, accurate data, that doesn't need to be installed on your computer, you've found it.
To edit and import existing MARC records into your library's database, you'll need to be a BestMARC subscriber.
The good news is, many current subscribers already have access to BestMARC files. Talk to your sales representative to find out if your library is eligible.