Reading Program Data Services
When it comes to getting kids to read, nothing matters more than getting the right book in their hands. Mitinet™ uses sophisticated data matching methods and data improvement options to update your library's MARC record database with the most up-to-date Lexile® measures and other reading program information available. Our match accuracy and hit rate is the highest in the industry, eliminating common problems and inefficiencies caused by missing or mismatched data.
Updating your database to include information on text complexity helps you:
- Add items already in your collection to your chosen reading program
- Expand the number of items available for teachers to easily find and incorporate into their curriculum plans
- Help kids find more options to meet their reading and literacy goals
Your students and teachers will start to see the difference immediately.
Reading program updates happen quickly. You can expect an e-mail notification of your new, upgraded database within 2 to 3 days after you upload. Most updates are available within 24 hours.
In the book industry 17% of all ISBN’s are known to be incorrect. Some vendors rely only on the ISBN number to match Lexile® measures, increasing the number of incorrect or missed matches. Mitinet™ uses a much more detailed, accurate matching process, resulting in substantially more materials in your Lexile®-based program. Mitinet™ MARC records helps a child gets the book that actually matches their reading skills, rather than one that’s either too simple or too complex.
Not all books have a certified Lexile® measure. We developed Mitinet Measures™ as a solution for books that don’t have a certified Lexile® measure. While no correlation is perfect, Mitinet Measures™ comes within 50 points (+ or -) of the potential Lexile® level, 92% of the time, making it that much easier to enhance MARC records with searchable information about a book's text complexity. Once a book has a Lexile® measure, we automatically assign it to the MARC record. Using the combination of our Lexile® measures and Mitinet Measures™ matching can almost double the hit rate in a K-12 library database.
Use our Reading Program Data Services to accurately match your library's MARC record database to AR® reading levels and tests, fixing errors and adding information to MARC records that are missing reading program information.
- Match all materials associated with AR® reading levels
- Fix incorrect AR® information
- Add missing AR® information for the tests that you own for stand-alone users
Accurately match your library's MARC record database to the RC® reading levels.
Fountas & Pinnell®:
- Match materials associated with F&P Guided Reading Levels®
- Add missing or fix incorrect F&P® GRL information
- F&P® data can be difficult to match, due to match data content limits and omissions found in F&P® data. Our first mission in data match services is accuracy. You should expect lower hit rates than in our other respective data match services when purchasing this service.
As with all our services, we change only what you want, on your schedule.
Here are some of our other products and services you may be interested in.