Comprehensive MARC Database Diagnostics Report
When a job at Mitinet involves data, our data engineers utilize comprehensive data reporting tools to ensure that every customer is gaining the most they
can from their resources spent on improving MARC databases and associated metadata elements. Whether adding Lexile measures or identifying materials for
weeding, knowing the conditional quality of your library’s database is important, and not just to data geeks like us.
Know what you need before you spend
Budgets are always tight with libraries. Knowing precisely what, if any, areas of your database requires fixes to meet your mission is just smart.
- How many Lexile titles do I have in my database?
- How many brief records are representing my inventory?
- Can I migrate to a union catalog with my current data?
- Is it worth it for me to dedupe my database?
- I'm certain that I have more AR titles, why are they not circulating?
- How many other old and politically sensitive search headings do I have?
These are a few of the answers you can derive from our free MARC Diagnostics Report. Whatever your reasons; to maximize return on expenditures, to
check another vendor’s promised output or simply to know and see what your MARC database looks like, the report is easy to initiate and the cost is on us.
How do I get my free report?
Contact us or call a representative at 800-824-6272 for more information.
Large union catalogs can take up to 2 or more weeks to complete a report (first-come, first-served basis).
Small union and single sites can return a report as soon as 2 days. The process is easy:
- Upload your database file
- Mitinet notifies you of completed report and Posts report online via secure URL
- Provide expert, interactive analysis if desired
Click here for a sample report.